Puppy Life Skills
Dates & Time
3rd January 2019 @ 5.45pm, The Chantrey Centre, Norton
Tue, 08/01/2019 - Tue, 05/02/2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Unstone Community Centre
20 Crow Lane, Dronfield, S18 4AL
This comprehensive socialisation and training course is designed for puppies UNDER the age of 19 weeks at the start of the course. Puppies can be enrolled from after their first vaccination at around 10 -11 weeks of age, to maximise their opportunities to socialise within the sensitive period of social development. Our indoor venues are cleaned using veterinary anti virus cleaners to ensure your puppies health and hygiene. We also train outdoors when possible to give your puppy the optimum chances of learning Life Skills in the real world.
We will cover a wide range of training and life skills exercises that will help you puppy to grow up to be a confident canine companion and help lay the foundations of a loving, lasting and healthy relationship between you and your puppy. You will receive our in depth Training and Behaviour Manual to complement your course.
- Socialisation – I can be confident and sociable around strangers and other dogs
- House training – I can be clean
- Puppy Biting – I can be gentle
- Focus and Self Control – I can listen and respond to you
- Body Handling for grooming and vet care – I like to be touched
- Impulse Control and Food manners – I can be patient and have manners
- Playing and giving up toys – I know the rules and have self control
- Settling down – I can be calm
- Walking on a loose lead
- Coming when called
Note: We teach outdoors when weather permits to give you the best opportunities to practice these skills in different environments. Please make sure you dress for training outside as necessary.
This course is followed by Life Skills Level 2. Where we consolidate and build on the skills learned at level 1.