Puppy Life Skills – level 1
Dates & Time
23rd July via Zoom @ 6pm
Thu, 30/07/2020 - Thu, 27/08/2020 @ 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm
P&D Training Fields
Cowley Lane, Dronfield, S18 1QZ
Puppy Life Skills Level 1: This comprehensive Puppy Training course includes an Induction Theory class for new owners and is designed for all puppies from around 11 weeks of age and up to 20 weeks of age. ( Older puppies should book the Junior life skills course)
The first lesson is delivered via Zoom virtual classroom. You will need to download the app, and commit to attending in order to book a place.
We cover all aspects of puppy behaviour as well as the basic training exercises to help lay the foundations of a loving, lasting and healthy relationship between you and your puppy.
The course helps your puppy grow into a well-rounded, confident dog; one that is capable of dealing with everyday life and learning. This includes;
- Socialisation – “I can be confident and sociable around strangers and other dogs”
- House training – “I can be clean”
- Puppy Biting – ” I can be gentle”
- Focus and Self Control – “I can listen”
- Body Handling for grooming and vet care – “I like to be touched
- Impulse Control and Food manners – ” I can be patient and have manners”
- Playing and giving up toys – ” I know the rules and have self control”
- Settling down – ” I can be calm”
- Walking on a loose lead
- Coming when called
- Sitting, lying down and standing when asked.
- Problem solving
Due to Coronavirus regulations places are limited to 6 puppies, and 1 handler per puppy using social distancing to reduce risks of cross infection.
All lessons are held outside on our training fields at Dronfield S18, following social distancing rules. You will be provided with a list of rules and equipment after booking. you will also receive our training and behaviour manual, homework, and access to our Puppy Power Support group on Facebook.
NB: Course fees are non refundable once booked.