Puppy Life Skills Level 1
Dates & Time
8th Feb 2019 @ 1.30pm The Chantrey Centre, Norton
Fri, 08/02/2019 - Fri, 15/03/2019 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
25 Matthews Lane, Norton, Sheffield, S8 8JS
This comprehensive Puppy Socialisation and Training course is designed for puppies UNDER the age of 19 weeks at the start of the course. Puppies can be trained from after their first vaccination at around 10 -11 weeks of age, to maximise their opportunities to socialise within the sensitive period of social development. Our indoor venues are cleaned using veterinary anti virus cleaners to ensure your puppies health and hygiene. We also train outdoors when possible to give your puppy the optimum chances of learning Life Skills in the real world.
We will cover a wide range of obedience training and life skills that will help you puppy to grow up to be a confident companion and help lay the foundations of a loving, lasting and healthy relationship between you and your puppy. You will receive our in depth Training and Behaviour Manual to complement your course.
- Puppy Socialisation – I can be confident and sociable around strangers and other dogs
- House training – I can be clean
- Puppy Biting – I can be gentle
- Focus and Self Control – I can listen and respond to you
- Body Handling for grooming and vet care – I like to be touched
- Impulse Control and Food manners – I can be patient and have manners
- Playing and giving up toys – I know the rules and have self control
- Settling down – I can be calm
- Walking on a loose lead
- Coming when called
Note: We teach outdoors when weather permits to give you the best opportunities to practice these skills in different environments. Please make sure you dress for training outside as necessary.
This course is followed by Life Skills Level 2. Where we consolidate and build on the skills learned at level 1.